Answers about NSA (NW Region Student Auditions)
- Do I Need to Send a Receipt for Digital Music? No need, thanks for asking. At the regional and national levels, we count on the music legality having been checked at the chapter level.
- Do Folk Songs from the Royal Conservatory Books Count as Art Songs for High School Contestants? Yes, at the regional level they do, as long as they are sung with classical technique.
- My Student Won the Local Adjudications But Hasn't Been Invited to Compete. If you or your student has not received an invitation by email, you should talk to a board member in your local chapter (the chapters are: Alaska, Victoria, Vancouver, Puget Sound, Tahoma, Willamette, or Cascade) to verify chapter involvement. This is important, as chapters are not required to advance students, especially if there are deadline issues, and it would be a shame to disqualify a student who has taken the time to make the videos and register.
- Can my 24-year-old Student Compete in Both the NSAs and the NATS National Music Theater Competition? Yes!
- My Category Has an Eight Minute Time Limit But My Songs Add Up to Twelve Minutes. Judges will be instructed to stop listening at eight minutes, even if the song is not finished. A student will not be disqualified for going over, but singing after eight minutes will not be considered.
If you have any remaining questions, please email the event coordinator.